Monday 7 September 2015

Kids of Today ........SLAP!!!


My childhood was spent growing up in the 90’s.   It wasn’t a bad time to be growing up, things were still kind of simple and technology hadn’t taken over the world yet.  Once breakfast was over we were sent outside to play and told not to come back until lunch time.  We would go out and find our friends, wherever they may have been and we would talk, run, play and get up to mischief.  Our play time was our exercise. 

 

What worries me about kids today is they rarely go outside; they are too busy wrapped up in their own technical bubble.  It’s a rare occasion where I will pass a group of kids on the street anymore and the ones I see in shops don’t communicate with their voice because they all have their faces buried in their phones.

 

These kids are being brought up by my generation and it’s terrifying.  I know we all have to roll with the times but these kids are going to grow up to be thick as shit.  With all this ‘text speak’ that won’t know how to spell and most of them can’t communicate with each other.  Cyber bullying is another thing; at least in my day the bully had the balls to do it to your face in public.  Cyber bullies are the biggest cowards out there and I wouldn’t mind whooping their ass for being spineless little bitches. 

 

Anyway, all this lack of exercise the kids are getting is leading to childhood obesity.  Not to mention how spoiled kids are these day, I know everyone wants to give their kids what they didn’t have and all that but some people are ridiculous.  Society has gone mad with the pressure other kids put on each other to have designer clothes and the best toys.  There was a little bit of that back in my day but not to this extent.

 

Parents have become too soft on kids, I was brought up to have manners and do whatever my parents told me and of course I rebelled a little but I knew when they meant business.  This whole law of your not allowed to hit your kids is ridiculous.  Obviously you should never be allowed to beat the shit out of a kid but a good boot up the backside never hurt anyone.  Kids are vastly becoming the dominant figure in the household as I’ve been told by people around me that their kids hit them! What the actual fuck?? These are small kids too that when they don’t get what they want they punch their mum.  I’m sorry but if I had of done that to my parents I would have go my ass handed to me!


 

Schools have gone completely mad too.  I hear in a lot of schools that in sports day and other activities like it that there aren’t medals for 1st to 3rd place anymore and that everyone gets a medal for just taking part.  What a load of balls!  Competition is what drives us to be better and we need it in our lives, not the crazy competitiveness but a little.  How can kids try to better themselves if they have nothing to compete with? I know this rule is so they kids who aren’t good at sports don’t feel bad about themselves but maybe if they are no good at it then they shouldn’t be doing it! 

 

We are all good at different things in our lives and if you good at sport then just don’t compete.  Clearly its just not meant for you.  There is a lot of things I love to do but I’m completely shit at it but I wouldn’t want a medal for it when I know I’m so shit!  Since these kids will have no competitive drive how will they survive in the real world when they leave school?  When these kids are going for jobs will they decide not to compete with the other candidates?  It’s going to be quite a scary place when this happens?  Will there be any bosses?  How could there be when the kids are being taught that everyone is on the same level regardless of their skills or talent? 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment