Monday 3 August 2015

Feeling Old in Your 30's (3 August 2015)

For the first time in my life I actually felt old!  Now I’m only in my 30’s, my early 30’s at that but things just don’t seem to be the way they used to be.

I was out at the weekend with a friend of mine and the lovely bar that we wanted to go to ended up being closed.  So we decided to partake on a bit of a pub crawl.  The first bar we ended up in was full of what we automatically called ‘kids’.  They were about 18-20 and were all half naked, even when I was that age I put some clothes on when I went out, especially in this freezing country.  It was like being in a school playground with all the wee girls running about and screaming or when a friend of theirs walked in we could hear the high pitched screeches of them greeting their friends.  Does your head right in!

Apart from the girly noise their cocktails were pretty minging so we decided to walk to the next ‘decent’ pub.  The walk seemed like it took forever and when we got there the wee guy taking the admission money was about 15.  When we got in there were no seats to be found so we took a bottle of wine to the dance floor and hung about there.  Our poor feet were getting sore already.

Watching people dancing was hilarious, both young and old people were up having a strut and busting some dodgy moves.  There was one very pretty little girl up dancing but it looked like she learnt her moves in a strip club, a pretty girl like her did not need to be dancing like that to get male attention.

There were the usual ‘old’ men hanging round the bar ready to stalk anyone that would make eye contact, never make eye contact HAHA.  Finally we got a seat so we decided to drink and drink and drink.  We can only get up to dance once we are plastered so that was our mission for the night, to get up and show the young ones how to do it. 

Either the drink was very weak or I ended up so drunk that I didn’t even taste it cos we drank quite a bit and quite fast but didn’t seem to get much drunker....We decided to make a move to the dance floor and my friend didn’t look convinced that we should be going up yet.  Apparently I told her that we could ‘move up there slowly’.

A few guys looked like they were something out of trainspotting the way they were dancing; some dodgy 90’s rave moves were being busted.  We danced away with the best of them, to be fair I think we did it better than most of them....well that’s the story we are sticking to.  I was glad to get home to be big monster dog and get my pj’s on and sat with another glass of wine until I passed out cold on the sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment