Tuesday 4 August 2015

Nothing is Forever (4 August 2015)


I’m going to talk about marriage.  Now this is going to sound like a huge contradiction but I totally believe in my views.


I’m married, I haven’t been married very long but all the same I did it.  Now, I have never been fussed on marriage and I never seen the point in it.  My hubby is quite traditional and really wanted to get married so for a long time before he proposed we discussed and discussed it.  Marriage means something to him and meant nothing to me so he put forward the argument of ‘if it didn’t matter to me then what harm could it do?’ so I give in and did it.

I didn’t want a big wedding; in fact I wanted it to just be me and him.  Of course he wanted to do it the traditional way so I just give in to that too (don’t worry I’m no soft touch, it just didn’t really matter). 

Anyway, my whole point of this is what is the point in marriage?  I realised a long time ago that nothing is forever.  Don’t get me wrong I love my hubby but I was also with the wrong person for a very long time before him too.  At that point in my life that person was the right person for me at that time.  Just like now my hubby is the right person for me now.


Will he still be right for me in 10 years time? Who knows? I hope so but as you change with age you just never know what is coming.  I would obviously be upset if we broke up but if it’s the right thing to do you just have to do it.  I would rather be on my own and happy than be with someone that makes me miserable.  You obviously do all you can to mend a relationship but something’s in life just cant be fixed no matter how hard you try.  It’s not necessarily a bad thing, it’s just life.

No comments:

Post a Comment