Wednesday 5 August 2015

Mary Poppins Shoots to Thrill (5 August 2015)

Mary Poppins


As usual I was out walking the dog this morning, the typical Irish weather is still holding strong with rain and today it invited its friend wind with it.  I had my umbrella with me; I’m smart like that taking it out on a windy day!  I was concentrating on trying not to let my umbrella blow inside out while I was leading the dog.  Now usually he is very well behaved with his walking but today he decided to be a pest!

He was lagging behind me and then decided to catch up with me on the opposite side to which I was holding his lead.  Since I was holding an umbrella you can imagine my dilemma.  So, I had to do a little spin, like a fairy.  The wind was howling and almost blowing me away like Mary Poppins, luckily I’m far too fat to blow away! 

You can imagine me walking along like Mark Poppins twirling round and round as my dog kept running up the wrong side of me; I looked like something out of Singing in the Rain.  Of course when I realised this then I started to laugh like an idiot!  Any passers by must have thought I was a complete mental case, but I’ll take that.


Shoot to Thrill


After my refreshing walk it was time to drive to work and what it going to cheer you up better that a little bit of AC/DC?  Shoot to Thrill came on and of course you get a little carried away with drumming on the steering wheel and singing as badly as possible.  My usual dilemma of being at the traffic lights and not stopping my shenanigans I kept the beat going, looked over at the car beside me to see the horror on this guys face, usually people just laugh but this guys looked a little scared.

To freak this guy out a little more I kept singing and drumming on my steering wheel while making eye contact with him, he couldn’t keep it going for more than a few seconds before he was just looking straight on waiting patiently for the lights to change.


No comments:

Post a Comment