Thursday 6 August 2015

Hate Your Job? (6th August 2015)


Are you like me and stuck in a job you don’t really like?  Do you sit and daydream in work about a better work life? 

Everyone always tells me I’m completely wasted in my job, I sit and balance figures all day and it’s the worst possible thing I could be doing.  What don’t you just get another job you say?  Well because of the recession there aren’t really that many jobs out there.  The jobs that I would like to take don’t have any vacancies anymore and as far as the ‘entry’ requirement go they keep moving the goal posts.

For example.....I remember when I left school and you wanted to be a bin man you didn’t need any qualifications.  Now when you look to be a bin man you pretty much need a degree and 2 years experience.  How do you get experience at a job if you need 2 years experience to actually get to do it in the first place? It makes no sense.

I once had my dream job, well maybe not dream job but I loved it.  I used to work in an animal sanctuary and then moved onto a boarding kennels.  I got to hang out with loads of dogs every day and that was just heaven.  I just love dogs; they are probably the best buddies I have.

I have a media background, I love to write, animate, take photos, play piano, drums and draw so being stuck in 4 walls all day really drives me nuts.  I would love to become famous one day; it’s not what you’re thinking because everyone wants to become famous.  I would like to be famous so that I could help animals in need and what better way is there to raise awareness than have a famous person do it?  The whole ‘fame’ life doesn’t appeal to me one bit, I’m a bit of a loner and like it that way but I would do anything for the sake of animals in need.  Maybe one day, although I’m doing nothing to make it happen.

3 comments:

  1. A good career is legend, a great myth like a unicorn, Loch Ness monster or leprechauns. We have all heard off them but no has ever see one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate my job more than you!!! ;(

    ReplyDelete