Monday 17 August 2015

Religion & the Backlash that will come with it (17 August 2015)


Now before everyone goes crazy this is not a debate and it’s not a criticism it is merely an opinion, a personal opinion at that.  When it comes to religion in MY eyes there is no right or wrong.

After years of being brought up within a mixed religion family, attended two different types of churches and grew up in mixed schools I had the holy bible drilled into me.  Not at home though, religion wasn’t strict in our house but my parents no longer go to church but they believe in their own way at home.

Now, coming from the country I come from the religious divide is infamous, sadly. Now the two different religions here are pretty much, in my eyes, the same but unfortunately a book of faith that was supposed to bring people together managed to do the exact opposite. 

There is always the mass debate of religion dividing us or brining us together, I would have to agree with the first point.  All I see, especially these days, is how it it’s tearing our world apart when it should be bringing us together.

I myself used to be a believer when I was young, it’s what I was told by all the adults around me (just like they told me Santa was real and I will never forgive them for that lie) so who was I to question my authority figure?  My education included the teachings of the holy bible.  As I grew and read bits and pieces of other religions I came to the conclusion that if I was to believe in one book why on earth should I not believe in the others?

This is when I started to doubt to whole God concept.  Now before you get on your high horse remember I said this is my opinion.  If I was to be open minded enough to believe in one, why shouldn’t I believe in others?  I know there is the bit in the bible about false gods etc but there was also the death penalty for cheating wives and fathers killing sons etc.

So after a lot of thought I just gave up on the whole idea.  I’m no religion what so ever now.  I believe what I see, if a God presents themselves to me who am I to deny it then?  For those who are believers they always tell me I’m going to hell, that’s ok to say that cos I don’t believe in hell so you work away with your threats (surely it is a sin to threaten someone with eternal damnation anyway).

Like I said, in my eyes there is no right or wrong religion, there are only the assholes that ruin it for everyone for an excuse for violence, bigotry and war!

I respect everyone’s opinion on religion cos no one on this earth has a right to tell someone that their beliefs are wrong! .........except those who constantly judge you with passages out of the bible telling you that you are living you life wrong according to the book......but when you happen to find something they are doing incorrectly according to the book well then they bend that rule by saying that everyone has their own interpretation of it.   People have a natural instinct to bend rules the way they see fit.


I will probably get a lot of backlash for this but you know what? go ahead, I don't care.  My thoughts are my own just like yours are.  You can tell me I'm wrong but to me I'm not so it wont matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment