Thursday 23 July 2015

Carly Rae Jepsen vs Norman Bates & Suspicious Strawberries

Carly Rae Jepsen vs Normal Bates


On my drive into work this morning 'I Really Like You' by Carly Rae Jepsen came one.  Now I have only heard this song a few times but never really listened to it, if you know what I mean.  I heard this line which frankly completely disturbed me!

Who gave you eyes like that?
Said you could keep them?


Am I the only one that sees something wrong with this?  Clearly this is not meant to mean the following thoughts that popped into my head but here we go......Who doesn't get to say if they get to keep their own eyes?  This started to lead me down the path of the possibility that she may well be a serial killer (she should read the article that I read the other day).  Why would she think she had the right to think someone shouldn't get to keep their own eyes?  Various horrible images then peered into my mind of her trying to rob someone of their eyes but it turned into a slapstick comedy in my head in the end.


 

Suspicious Strawberries

I was having strawberries this afternoon and while I was eating them I became very suspicious of one I was about to eat.  There didn't seem to be anything wrong with it but I just took a disliking to it and my brain was telling me not to eat it.  The actual phase that popped into my head as it edged towards my mouth was "You look suspicious".  I have no idea why this happened so I just threw it in the bin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment